Posted by Pay it Forward Ministries




Whether your children are young and innocent or older and struggling with a rebellious nature, whether they're living at home or are away and out in the world, our children need our prayers like never before. Often times we feel so helpless, especially when they've gone astray and seem so lost, so angry and so unreachable. But the good news is that prayer works, especially when it's based on the Word of God.


Isaiah 55:11 says about this: "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."


Prayer for a Confused/Rebellious Teen


Honour thy father and mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.



Father,

The child that obeys this commandment, receives the promise of a long life.
I bring [child's name] before You and stand firmly upon the promises of Your Word. God, you are my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46:1). I shall call upon You, and You will answer, You will be with [child's name] in trouble; You will deliver [child's name], and honour him/her. With long life will you satisfy him/her, and shew him/her Your salvation (Psalm 91:14-15). LORD, a wise son/daughter heareth his/her parent's instruction (Proverbs 13:1). I will provoke not [child's name] to anger, lest he/she be discouraged (Colossians 3:21). Rather, I will train [child's name] in the way he/she should go: and when he/she is old, he/she will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). [Child's name] will walketh with the wise, because a companion of fools will be destroyed (Proverbs 13:20). I boldly confess that [child's name] chooses godly friends and influences, so that he/she would not be a companion of fools which would lead to destruction. Father, thank You for watching over Your Word to perform it. I pray and ask that You would turn the heart of the parents to [child's name] and the heart of [child's name] to his/her parents (Malachi 4:1). I ask these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.